Hola familia
This week was great! We baptized this guy named Abraham!! He is really cool. I'm sending a picture of the baptism! I felt like I hadn't baptized in forever so it was really sweet to be able to get a baptism and especially one as cool as this one. He is a super cool guy! My comp got to baptize him and it was the first person he has ever got to baptize in his mission because before his companions always baptized them! So that was a super cool experience for him! It was awesome! So my first day in this area, like Lunes (Monday) in the night time, we went out to work and it was raining really hard. We got super wet and right before we got to our appointment we had to cross this road to be able to get there and there was tons of water. It wasn't really like a road by that point from all the rain, it was more like a river. We crossed the street and the water almost came up to our knees, haha. It was pretty crazy! Then we crossed another street the same and to get into the house where we were going, we had to walk through more water up to our knees because the person lived in this like place were you go in the door and then there is like 8 houses inside that door. Well, the entrance was all flooded so we had to push through all that water to get to his door, haha. It was crazy but worth it because he was the one that ended up getting baptized this week! When we got into their house, I tipped up my shoes and water ran out of them like in movies, haha. It was really funny! Also, this week I was pretty hungry one day and so I got up and made eggs. But ya, some of the eggs had gone bad so I had to throw those out, haha. Then I got some good eggs made them but we didn't have any salt or pepper, haha. So they didn't taste too good but the only thing we had was salsa and pechuga de pollo, haha, which is like chopped up chicken breast in a can, haha. So I made that, haha, and put it with my eggs. But I'm not going to lie, it was pretty gross, haha. I don't know why I did that, haha! In this area, we also get to shower out of a bucket, like I have almost all my mission. It's great, haha. I love nice, cold bucket showers in the morning, haha. They're not too bad, haha. I also bought a really cool hat for 15 pesos the other day. It is neon blue and says Virginia Beach on it, haha. I will send a picture of it! Haha! Well, that is some of the stuff that has been going down, haha! I am loving being here and getting to work hard! I love having American companions, haha. I get to work so much harder and I have a ton of fun doing it! I love getting to be a missionary! I also love getting to baptize and see people accept their Savior Jesus Christ! The man we baptized, Abraham, was so happy after his baptism. He just kept saying "I feel so great! My knees are shaking because I feel so good! I feel clean!!!" It was awesome. It makes the work we do more than worth it! I love this work! I know it's the work of the Lord and I know that Jesus is my Savior and that He truly did suffer and die for me and for every person on earth. And I am so grateful I get to help other people know of the sacrifice and help them to come closer to Him and accept His sacrifice by being baptized! I love you all and miss you all a ton! Stay strong and stay safe! Love you all! Know that I'm doing great and that I'm always safe!! I love you!
Love,
Elder Despain





No comments:
Post a Comment