Monday, September 19, 2011

Hola Como Estan!!!! 9-19-11

Hola familia!!!
   Thanks for all your letters last week and this week. I was worried that last week I wouldn't get any letters because I wrote a day earlier then I originally said, but thank you all for writing me! I love you all and I hope that you are all doing well! This week was a good week! It was Independence Day and so on Thursday we had a zone activity and we did a carne asada or like grilled meat! Then we watched "Remember the Titans," which was cool. The last time I saw a movie was Christmas, haha, so that was cool. The pres. wanted to watch it because it has a message about being one and being united!! It was good. Then we took some pictures with the flag, haha! It was cool. Then the next day we played soccer... like always, haha. It's fun! We also had a good week of work. We had a lot of success. Like, we didn't have much time to work this week becaue we had that activity and two juntas (meetings) and two p-days. So, it really only left us Wednesday and Saturday to work a full day, but we did have a lot of success. We were going to have a baptism but it ended up that her brother couldn't make it to see her baptism on Sunday so we ended up pushing it back till this next Sunday so that her brother can be there becasue that is really important to her. Although we were sad to have it fall through, we are really excited to have her baptism this Sunday! I love this work and I love seeing all the miracles I get to see here! I had the chance to do a lot of interviews for lots of different people in different areas this week and I just really love it. I love to get to know new people and I love helping people and I love being an instrument in God's hands! That is what I love most about interviews becasue the spirit is always so strong and I always feel like the things I need to say just come to me in a steady stream so that these people can make the decision to follow the example of Jesus Christ and be baptised in His church! I love this work and I know for a fact that this is the work of the Lord it isn't our work, but it really and truly is His work and we are just instruments in His hands! I'm so grateful that I am here and I am so grateful to be able to see miracles every day! I love this work and I love these people! Tell Mike "Happy Birthday" on Friday for me!!! Tell him that I love him and that I hope he has a great day!!! I love you all and I hope that you all are doing great! I'm doing great and like always, I'm staying real safe!!! I love you all! 
 
Love,
Elder Despain

No comments:

Post a Comment