Monday, September 26, 2011

Hola Familia 9-26-11

Hola Familia,        
  Well, this week was great! We baptized this girl named R.! She is really cool. We have been working with her for a long time and this week she finally got baptized! Every baptism really is a miracle and I'm so, so grateful to have the opportunity to see so many miracles! It was such a great day to see her get baptized! Also in my district, we got 5 baptisms so that was another miracle I got to see this week. Although four baptisms weren't in my area, I still got the opportunity to interview them and see them progress! It is trully amazing to see so many miracles! This is the work of the Lord, I have no doubt about that because there is no way that any person could do this work alone. These miracles only happen because this truly is the Lord's work and we are just instruments in His hands!

It was also really cool to get to go to the center of Mexico, Zocalo! We saw lots of really cool old buildings!!!! Also we went into the Catholic church there, which is like one of the biggest in Mexico and it was really pretty. It was just full of cool paintings and like just all the building was really cool like with gold and stuff! Then, we got to go to some small stores and stuff and it was cool to get to buy and see things! So it's crazy. The streets there are all like hilly because after so much time, the weight of the buildings have made the ground seep in, in different parts which has made it all hilly and not level any more. It's crazy! So it was a great week and a fun one too!

So next Monday is cambios, changes, which is really crazy because I feel like I haven't been here long at all and it already has been two changes. I have no clue if I will go or stay because me and my comp. have been here the same amount of time so will just have to see. My letters next week may be short because of the changes, but we will see how it goes! I wanted to ask if you all had time to read the articles I said you should read. I hope you did, if not find them and read them!

I love you all and I hope you are all doing great! I'm doing great and loving what I'm doing! I love being in the Lord's service and I'm so grateful I am here! I love this work and I love these people and I'm just so happy and grateful I get to be here serving each one of them! I love you all! Stay safe!! I miss you all!
Love,
Elder Despain

No comments:

Post a Comment