March 26, 2010 email at 4:32 pm
Sorry again about last week. I didn’t bring my paper with me to the lab and so I didn’t have your email address so I guessed and yah, got the wrong one so I am glad I have it now, or at least I think I have it right. I sent that last email so at least you will have it haha, even though it is a week late. Please write me back through dearelder.com though because everyone that doesn’t do that has no time to type emails. They spend the whole time reading emails. I don’t really like that we only have 30 min. It’s so short, it goes so fast so I never have enough time to say what I want to. I’m so happy to be here though. It really is great. I have never felt the spirit so much. I have never grown so much in so short amount of time either but it’s happening and it is crazy. My Spanish is already getting a lot better which is crazy because we don’t even study Spanish that much. Almost all of our time is spiritual stuff but the Lord is really blessing me and I am picking up the language really fast! This week on Monday was our first TRC which is like a practice teaching lessons thing. They have people that volunteer to come in, that you have never meet before, and this week we had to contact 3 people in there and get to know them in Spanish. Then on the 3rd person we had to set up an appointment to come back and teach them and that is all in Spanish, which was hard but good. Then we went back in 10 min and taught them the first lesson which is God’s love, families, prophets, the apostasy, the restoration, Joseph Smith story, the Book of Mormon and pray to know. So that was Monday after only a few days here so it was a little nerve racking but we actually did really good. It went really good and the Spirit was there. It was amazing. It is so crazy how much we teach by the Spirit. There really isn’t anything they tell us to teach, just topics and the rest is all the Spirit. It is crazy though because you really have to make sure you are prepared because the Spirit can’t tell you to teach something you don’t know. You have to make sure you have everything you may need to teach in your mind so that if that is what that person needs, the spirit can touch you and you can deliver the message they need to hear. The biggest thing in the MTC is our purpose, and it is to help others come unto Christ. Well, there is a little more to it but that is the base of it. No matter who we are teaching there is something we can teach them, because it isn’t about converting people. It is just to help them to come closer to Christ so we teach other missionaries a lot to get ready for TRC and the field. I thought that would be hard because they aren’t investigators but really it doesn’t matter. Everyone can always come closer to Christ, no matter who they are. That is what we are here to do, is to help them to come unto Christ so it has really been amazing in here. It’s not like anything I have ever done. You are just so filled with the Spirit 24/7 and you pray and read and study so much. It’s just amazing. This gospel is really truly amazing. I love it so much and I know that it is the true gospel on the earth today. There is nothing that can make us happier here on earth than the Gospel of Jesus Christ. It is just so great and it blesses us so much. I really enjoyed Elder Robin’s talk about how the Book of Mormon converts, not the missionaries and it is so true. The whole key to it is just reading with real intent. I mean anyone can read and not try to understand or get anything out of it, but if they actually read with real intent, without a doubt, I know that they will know that it is true. There is no way that you can read the Book of Mormon with real intent and pray about it and not know that it is true. I know it is true and I know that prayers are answered. I have never used prayer as much as I do in here and every time I pray, I can feel the blessings I get from it. Thank you for your prayers. I know they are helping me to learn and grow! Please pray for my visa to come through. Lots of elders’ visas are getting held up and they have to go other places or stay here longer, so please pray for that. I know that it will help if you do. I am praying for you guys at home. Tell everyone I love them and that I feel their prayers. I love you. Sorry I can’t write more, but I am out of time. I love you so much and I miss you. Thanks for the letters and packages and remember to send letters through dearelder.com not on email. Time is too short. Love you,
Elder Despain
Saturday, March 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment