Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Randall's First Letter


March 21, 2010
Dear Mom & Dad,
It snowed on Thursday.  It was cold but fun.  It was light & didn’t stick, but it was fun.  I also saw & talked to Rex Self, aka Elder Self.  It was awesome to see him & talk to him.  Today was Sunday & in church everything was in Spanish, so I only got some of it, but it was still really good.  The musical number was “If You Could Hie to Kolob” but it was so amazing & the spirit it brought was great.   We had a fireside tonight.  It was great.   It’s so crazy how many notes I take on talks now.  In the fireside, I took 3 pages of notes.  It was so great.  We sang “High on a Mountain Top” and “How Great Thou Art” and some others, but with those two, I felt the Spirit so strong.  They are amazing songs if you listen to each word & put them to heart.  I loved it!  Then we got to watch the Joseph Smith movie.   It was great.  I loved it and like every time I watch it, the spirit is so strong.  The Restoration is so powerful & like in my fireside, so are the scriptures.  The Book of Mormon is so powerful when applied to our lives.  Also if you can, would you please send me letters so I don’t have to read emails, because I only have 30 min, but if you send me letters I can read them before that and use the whole 30 min. to write your email.  Also, will you please send me Uni-ball Elite pens.  They work good.  Also, I am not allowed to chew gum so please don’t send any more gum, but I have loved everything else in the package.  Thank you so much.   So I just looked in my address book and I sent your email to the wrong address.  I’m so sorry you haven’t got a letter yet.   On Friday, I will resend the email to your correct email.  Haha.   Sorry:(   I love it here.  It is so amazing.  The Spirit is so strong & everything is just so great.  I love you all so much.  Sorry about sending the email wrong.   I do love you and I did send one, so don’t think I didn’t write.  I love you and miss you all!   I love you and I will send the email on Friday so please write me letters so I can read them, not emails.
Thanks, love you. 
Love,

Elder Despain
PS Wheat Thins or Cheese-Its sound amazing haha

1 comment:

  1. Randall, this is your cousin Joyce. I have to say that "If you could high to Kolob" is my trackting song. In that I used to sing it when I trackted in Bulgaria. I learned all million of the verses and I love it. It does bring the spirit too...especially when you're gettin' the door slammed in your face all day, you wish you were highing to Kolob. Good luck in the MTC. :)

    ReplyDelete