This week was great! The baptism we were supposed to have on Friday didn't work out because Daniel, the investigator, didn't come to church on Sunday! But I still had my first baptism this week. On Saturday, I got to baptize Rosario! She is great. Her 16 year old daughter is a member and we started teaching Rosario like 2 days after I got to the mission. It has been great to teach her. We asked her to be baptized on Friday and she said yes for Saturday so it was great. I only had one day to memorize the words to do the baptism. That was a little hard because they are big words you don't use in normal talk, haha. But I did it with the Lord's help and the baptism went great. Before the baptism, we went to the church and it was so gross. There were like cockroaches in the font and the water was so gross, so we had to use buckets and carry the water out by hand. We finally got all the water out of the font and then we cleaned it and began to fill it with good water. Well it filled really slow and it didn't get all the way full by the time for the baptism. So haha, ya it was a little weird to do the baptism because there wasn't very much water but it worked! It was great to see how happy she was after the baptism. It was just really great! Daniel is getting baptized on Saturday, so that should be great as well. We are hoping to also get some of our other investigators to baptism this week, but we will see.
Everything here is just really great. It was a little crazy here yesterday because Mexico is out of the running for the world cup, haha. All the people were a little upset about it haha, but its all good now. So I don't know what the missionaries did here that lost 20 pounds when they got to Mexico, the ones you were telling me about from the missionary mom thing. I don't know what they did because I definitely haven't lost weight. I don't have a scale but I do know that I have gained weight here, haha. I am up a hole on my belt and the pants to my suit that I have had for awhile, the pin-stripe suit that I got in high school, they are pretty tight, haha. They still work and I don't have to use them much. I only have to use my suits on Sundays and large meetings so ya, but anyways I think I have gained a little weight. I love the food so that is probably why. The food here is amazing! Some of it I don't really know what it is, but it tastes good, haha, so I like it. Sometimes I ask what it is, other times I don't think I want to know, haha, so I don't ask. Everything is great. We are working hard. We get our new mission president tomorrow that should be great! We had missionary changes yesterday but I got to stay with my companion because it has only been two weeks. There will be different missionaries in the zone and things so that should be good. I am glad to get to stay with my companion for 6 more weeks. He is a great companion and he works hard, which I like a lot. Some of the members say he works like a black person, haha. It is really funny. At first I was very taken back by them saying that, but now that I have been here a little I have realized they use that expression here a lot and it is a good thing. I don't know, it's a little weird but everyone says it, haha. At first I didn't know if I just didn't get the right meaning because its in Spanish, but I asked one of the older American missionaries in my zone if that is what it meant. He said that I was right, that is what they mean by it and that they say it a ton, which I know now because I hear it all the time, haha. Anyways, that was just kinda funny to me. So it took 6 days for my socks to dry, haha. So now I have learned to not wait and wash all my socks on one p-day, to wash a few every p-day so I still have some when the others dry because it takes almost a week, haha. I am very thankful for my microfiber towel because it drys in like half a day and a normal towel takes a long time, haha. So we have a washer in our house, but it is like messed up and the water won't drain out of it, haha. You have to scoop the water out by hand after every cycle, haha, and then once you get all the water scooped out then the next cycle will start, haha. It's funny, but I am very grateful to have a washer, even if it's broken, haha. Well everything here is great. I will send you some pictures! I love you all and miss you all a ton! But I love it here and I know this is the best place for me! The church is true and it truly does bless lives!
Everything here is just really great. It was a little crazy here yesterday because Mexico is out of the running for the world cup, haha. All the people were a little upset about it haha, but its all good now. So I don't know what the missionaries did here that lost 20 pounds when they got to Mexico, the ones you were telling me about from the missionary mom thing. I don't know what they did because I definitely haven't lost weight. I don't have a scale but I do know that I have gained weight here, haha. I am up a hole on my belt and the pants to my suit that I have had for awhile, the pin-stripe suit that I got in high school, they are pretty tight, haha. They still work and I don't have to use them much. I only have to use my suits on Sundays and large meetings so ya, but anyways I think I have gained a little weight. I love the food so that is probably why. The food here is amazing! Some of it I don't really know what it is, but it tastes good, haha, so I like it. Sometimes I ask what it is, other times I don't think I want to know, haha, so I don't ask. Everything is great. We are working hard. We get our new mission president tomorrow that should be great! We had missionary changes yesterday but I got to stay with my companion because it has only been two weeks. There will be different missionaries in the zone and things so that should be good. I am glad to get to stay with my companion for 6 more weeks. He is a great companion and he works hard, which I like a lot. Some of the members say he works like a black person, haha. It is really funny. At first I was very taken back by them saying that, but now that I have been here a little I have realized they use that expression here a lot and it is a good thing. I don't know, it's a little weird but everyone says it, haha. At first I didn't know if I just didn't get the right meaning because its in Spanish, but I asked one of the older American missionaries in my zone if that is what it meant. He said that I was right, that is what they mean by it and that they say it a ton, which I know now because I hear it all the time, haha. Anyways, that was just kinda funny to me. So it took 6 days for my socks to dry, haha. So now I have learned to not wait and wash all my socks on one p-day, to wash a few every p-day so I still have some when the others dry because it takes almost a week, haha. I am very thankful for my microfiber towel because it drys in like half a day and a normal towel takes a long time, haha. So we have a washer in our house, but it is like messed up and the water won't drain out of it, haha. You have to scoop the water out by hand after every cycle, haha, and then once you get all the water scooped out then the next cycle will start, haha. It's funny, but I am very grateful to have a washer, even if it's broken, haha. Well everything here is great. I will send you some pictures! I love you all and miss you all a ton! But I love it here and I know this is the best place for me! The church is true and it truly does bless lives!
Love your missionary,
Elder Despain





No comments:
Post a Comment