Sunday, May 23, 2010

E-mail to Mom 5/21/10

How is everything at home? Thanks so much for the letters! and the packages! I loved the packages and the food is great to have! and thank you so much for the ties they are great. I loved them all so much and the other missionaries are jealous I got them haha. So, everything here is going good! It's great having new companions. We get along great and we work well together! We just stay on teaching week so we are just teaching alot. We have 6 progressive investigators so it is good and is keeping us busy and giving us good practice! I got an email from Cole. It was great to hear from him and I emailed him back. He said everything was going good. It's always good to hear from friends! I got a letter from Josh telling me they moved. I sent him a letter but I am worried they wont get it cuz it was to their old address so if you could tell him it is coming that would be great. Well I sent it last week so he should have already got it but we will just see. Thanks again for the letters. I love hearing from everyone! Please tell me more about home and how everyone is doing I love to hear. Well like I said everything is great here just still working hard trying to become better! The temple was great today. I always look forward to getting to go. It's always so great! I love the spirit and getting the opportunity to feel it so strong! This gospel is so amazing. I am so grateful for the great family I have. You all are amazing and I am so grateful that I was brought up knowing this great message. I am so excited to share it with others and I can't wait to get to Mexico to share it, but I know this is where I need to be right now! So my eye is much better! I just had to put a hot rag on it four times a day and then put drops in it four times a day. It is pretty much gone now so I'm sorry you had that little scary call haha. I wish they didn't have to call you over that haha, but ya its all good now! I'm so grateful to be out here serving the Lord. He blesses me so much and just makes everything work out just the right way! I know the more we have faith in Him and the more we trust in Him the more He blesses us and helps us through things! That is great that Bishop is having the summer reading thing! The Book of Mormon is so great! It blesses our lives so much if we just open and read daily! I love the Book of Mormon and every day I love it more and more! Every time you read it you get something new from it. It's so great! In our devotional on Tuesday, they talk all about how the Book of Mormon is the greatest converter! We don't have to be great teachers or great at anything because all we have to do is carry the Spirit with us and get others to read the Book of Mormon. What truly converts people is the Book of Mormon! It is without a doubt the word of God and we are so lucky to have it and have the opportunity to read it daily. I love it and I have a strong testimony that I know that it is true! I know that this church is true and I know that it is the only way to true happiness! Thanks so much for helping me throughout my whole life to come to know that for myself! I couldn't ask for a greater family! I love you all so much and I miss you all alot lot! but know that this is a great work and I am so grateful that I get to serve the Lord for two years. I know that I will be blessed the rest of my life for serving! Well, keep the letters coming. I love to hear all about what is happening! Thanks again for the packages and ties and for the food! The food has been so great to have because the MTC food is getting a little old haha but its good and things here are going good! I love teaching and I can't wait to get to Mexico and teach for real! Every day I am getting better at speaking Spanish and better at teaching! I love this gospel and I just am so pumped to get out in the field and serve the people of Mexico! I was a little worried about my companions before but they are really good and I am really grateful for them and I love them! We teach good together so it all works out really well! I love you all so much and thanks for being so great! Love you all and I miss you! Stay strong and please pray for me and my visa. I am praying for all of you! I will send this email to Julie again just in case! love you!
Love
Elder Despain

No comments:

Post a Comment