Hey family!
So my new companion is great! He is really awesome and he is a great teacher as well. We are working hard and I am hoping to learn a lot from him and become a better teacher and a better missionary. Sorry that you didn't get my email yesterday. We had two zone meetings and they were both about an hour and a half from our area and so we didn't have time to email. We get to email today. Sorry, I hope you didn't worry because you didn't get an email. Please wish Emily and Grandma Despain Happy Birthday for me. It is their birthdays this week and I want them to know that I love them and that I was thinking about them and wanted to wish them a happy birthday! That is so awesome about Colton getting his mission call. Tell him that I wish him luck and tell him to be studying Preach My Gospel and the scriptures. It will help him so much on his mission. Tell him that the mission is great and that he should be so excited to go because it is truly amazing! Things in my area are great. We are working hard. We have a lot of investigators progressing and although we didn't get any baptisms last week, we are hoping to have a lot this week. I know if we keep working hard the Lord will bless us. Elder Decker is in my zone this change. He went to Mountain View High School with me and he is super cool. It has been cool to get to talk to him and have someone I knew from home in my zone. So this week I just realized that I know and speak two languages. It was really weird because I just hadn't thought about it before. This week I went to talk to my district leader, Elder Petterson and he is a gringo and it was weird. I went to speak in English and it came out half in Spanish, so I just spoke the rest all in Spanish because it is just easier. I kinda have forgotten English, it is all the same language in my head. It's weird, haha. It is kinda weird this change because I am the one that knows the area and the people. I kinda have to lead and it's different. I was a little nervous about it at first but it has been good. We haven't had any problems, although I don't like talking on the phone with people, just like at home, haha. I am having to a lot because I am the one that knows the people so that has been interesting, but its all good. Things for me are great and I am staying safe. I love you all so, so much. Thank you for all your letters and emails. Mom, I got a long letter from you yesterday, but I haven't read it yet so I will read it and get back to you next week. I love you all so much and I miss you all. Know that I am praying for you and that I am grateful for such a great family. You are all great and I love you all!
Love,
Elder Despain
Tuesday, August 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment