Hey family!!!
So it is crazy this week I complete 6 months! The time is going very fast! But it is really great! So we had a baptism planned for Sunday, but we had more problems with the bishop and he didn't want her to get baptized. So I think she is going to end up waiting like 2 or 3 more weeks to get baptized which is a big let down for her and for us, but there isn't much we can do. I don't understand why this bishop does what he does but it is helping me to learn more patience. It is very hard though because we have the keys to decide when someone is ready and she got an interview from our leaders and she is ready, but the bishop says no. We could still baptize her because we have the keys, but then he would confirm her so that wouldn't be good. So we are just going to wait, but it can be hard. My companion goes home on Monday but his last day with me in the area is Friday so that is kinda crazy! I don't really know where I will be at for like 3 days because combios aren't until Tuesday. There will be like 3 or 4 days I don't have a companion, so I don't know if I will go and be with my zone leaders in their area or what, but it's all good. I hope I get to stay in my area because we have like 5 people really close to baptism, but we will just have to see what happens. I'm glad that you all had a good time at the big dirty. It was weird missing it but I know that this is where I need to be! So I got some letters in the pouch last week and one of the letters was from you mom, but it was from like June 14, haha. .It took like 3 months to get here, but the rest were all from like 2 or 3 weeks ago so, haha. It's kind of funny. Sometimes it takes two weeks and other times 3 months, haha. But it is always great to get your letters! The letters in pouch are nice because I can read them whenever I have time, not just during the time I use the internet! So this week is the Independencia of Mexico so we had a Noche Mexicana in the church and it was super cool. They had people do like Mexican dances and stuff and it was pretty sweet. But ya, the end of this week might be a little crazy with all the parties and stuff for the Independencia. I think we will just stay off the streets and it will all be good, haha. Well everything is going good with me! I'm loving it here and I love getting to share the gospel! It is really amazing to see all the miracles that the Lord blesses us with! He really does prepare people to hear this gospel! I love you all and I miss you all! Thanks for all you do for me! And thank you for all the letters!
Love,
Elder Despain
Monday, September 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment