Hey family!
So I'm glad you got off to the big dirty. I hope it all went good and that you traveled up and back safe. I'm not going to lie, it is weird to miss it for the first time in my life but I know I'm in the right place. So I'm not sure why, but all the internet places were like closed today. I dont know I guess everyone who has an internet place didn't feel like working today. It took me and my comp like and hour to find and open internet place but I finally found one as you can tell because I'm writing you! Well I love you all thanks for the letters and everything! This week went really good. Wed and Thur I was on divisions with my district leader Elder Petterson and we worked in my area. We got a ton of work done. I love my comp but at times he doesn't want to work so it was really great to get to work all day really hard! Then also this week the president told us he wants missionaries in every ward for at least sacrament meeting. The other ward that is in our building doesn't have missionaries right now so that means we just doubled our area. We just need to go to their sacrament meeting and go to any references they have. It just is a lot more work for us but it is great. Also a blessing came from it. When we went to their sacrament meeting there was a man there that has come to church four weeks in a row and wants to be baptized. But since they don't have missionaries he hasn't heard any of the lessons or anything. This week we get to start teaching him and most likly he will be baptised this next week. I talked to him after the meetings and he has already prayed to know if this church is true and got an answer that is was. I know that the Lord answers prayers as he did this man's but the Lord truly prepares people. He hasn't had any of the lessons but he said he wants to be baptized. It is really great. Also another tender mercy and blessing of the Lord this week was that one of our investigators, he has been ready for baptism for a long time but couldn't get married because his wife/girlfriend is from Honduras and they have to get permission to be married. He can't be baptised until they are married. Well, they didn't think they would get permission until like Oct. at the earliest, but they found out this week that on the 14, or 15 they will have the permission and can be married. Then can be baptized. That was really awesome and it shows that the Lord answers prayers! Also I got to see one of the people I baptised get the priesthood. Federico got the priesthood and it was so amazing because I got to see him become a better husband and father and progress in this gospel. It was really great and also we taught him and his family about the temple and set a "meta" (I'm sorry I forgot that word in English. I hope it still makes sense) for them to go to the temple in a year and be married for time and all eternity. It was just great to see the happiness that it brought them. That it could bring their family closer together and that they could know that in a year the can have an eternal family! So this week was just really good and I saw a lot of blessings of the Lord and it strengthened my testimony of this gospel and that the Lord answers prayers and helped me to know that much more. Our Heavenly Father loves his children and blesses us as we do what's right! I love this gospel and love having the opportunity to share it with others. It is truly amazing and I love to see the happiness it brings to those who exept it! I want to invite you all to share the gospel at every opportunity and don't stop just because you have shared it with a person and they don't except Keep sharing it with them and be an example. The Lord prepares people and they might have heard it once but then after that something happens. The Lord prepares them and then you share it again and they accept the Lord knows them better then we do and knows that right time for them. Also, be an example always. You would be suprised how much people notice as I have been teaching. People so many times they have said, "Oh this member, I always see them and their family and there is just something different and I know that it is there church that makes them different and brings there family closer and I want that for my family. I have heard that many times and most of the time the family or the member doesn't even know that they made a difference but they did they were and instrument in their a Heavenly Fathers hands by just being a good example. I invite you all to always be an example because people are watching and see a difference! I love you all so much and I'm so grateful for all of you! I have an awesome family and great friends and I couldn't ask for better! I love you all! and miss you too!
love
Elder Despain
Friday, September 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment