How are things going with your new companion? We were supposed to feed the missionaries this week on Tuesday. However, we found out yesterday that they are white washing the area and transfers are on Tuesday so we won't be feeding them. It is kind of sad because they are working with a girl to get baptized and she will be one of our Laurels. Her friend is in our ward but is inactive and so because the new girl has been coming to church, so has the inactive girl. There was a tentative date set for the 9th, but is sounds like that may not happen now. I hope switching the Elders will be a good thing and not a bad thing. Well, it sounds like we will be babysitting the little boy, which is good, and will be starting next week. This means that this is kind of our last week of total freedom. We are having a LARGE heat wave here. It is supposed to be 109 today in Southern California. This is hotter than it normally gets in the summer and it is the last week of September. We are going to go down to the beach today. It is 10:24 this morning and 92 degrees outside already. It is crazy. Oh well, this is getting long so I will end now. I love you and we hope that you are enjoying Mexico and your mission.
Love, Kimi
My companion is great and we are working really hard and just tearing it up out here. Its great, we had 2 baptisms this week! So about your missionaries, I know that it is hard on members when missionaries get changed because I have seen that happen with my companions, but one thing to always remember is that there couldn't be a bad change. What I mean by that is that their mission president who does the changes is called of God and he recives revelation on where to put elders and how to do changes. I don't know this mission president of your elders but I know he is called of God and that if he made that change that it will be for the better. Every missionary has his calling and is in each area for a reason and they will touch the hearts of people that other missionaries couldn't. So maybe these new elders will be about to touch the heart of this girl in a way that the others couldn't and be about to baptize her. I have seen a lot in my mission so far that the Lord prepares people for the missionaries and as these new missionaries enter they will have people that are ready to hear the gospel from those missionaries. So don't worry. All will be good, haha. I have been so blessed by being here and every day my testimony grows more! I love to share this gospel. It brings the people happiness as they live it and it bring me happiness to share it. Always look for ways to share the gospel! I love you so much. Thanks for being a great sister. You are in my prayers. I love you!
Love Your Little Brother,
Elder Despain
Monday, September 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment