Hey Family.
Yes, General Conference was way great! My favorite talk was by the prophet. I don't know if it was in the priesthood session or not, I don't remember, but it was on choices and it was so great! I loved it because choices make up this life and we need to make good choices, right choices to follow the gospel. The way to make good choices is through prayer and through the guidance of the Holy Ghost! But ya, I loved all the talks. I watched part in Spanish and part in English and it is way better in English. It is weird not to hear their real voice, haha. But ya, I loved all the talks. The spirit was so strong and amazing! This week I used 282 pesos this week from my credit card. I hope that was okay. I found a store that had my contact solution, so I bought 3 big bottles so I hope that was okay. I'm going to need to by another blanket and a bigger coat soon. My comp said that the sooner I buy it is better because blankets and coats are cheaper right now. In like a month, he said they will be a lot more money so I will need to buy those soon. Just so you know that will be why money will go out of my account soon, haha. Tell Andrea "Happy Birthday" and tell her that I am thinking about her and I love her! and that I hope she has a great Birthday. Also, give Becca a hug for me for her birthday!!!! This week has been really great and we worked really hard. We didn't have any baptisms, but the people we are teaching are getting closer to baptism! I love being here and getting to teach this wonderful gospel! I love this gospel so much. It is truly amazing! It is really and truly what brings happiness in this life. It is the way that God prepared for us to have happiness in this life! I have really seen in this last month how hard the Devil works on those close to baptism. Right before someone is going to take the step of baptism there is always something big that happens. I know that it is the Devil working as hard as he can to stop them from coming into the gospel, but I have also seen the power of God. As we share the gospel with the people, the power of God through the Holy Ghost is always stronger than the devil and always makes an impression over the people we are teaching. I also feel like at times life is the same way. When we are about to make a good decision, any good decision not just for baptism but any decision, when we are about to make it there is always the devil there trying to stop us. As we put our faith in the Lord and pray and read the scriptures, we always have the ability to throw the devil aside and make that good choice. So I just encourage all of you to read the scriptures and pray and always have the spirit with you so that you can resist temptation and push the devil aside. He is working very hard to lead us away but we have to work just as hard to be prepared to face temptations and overcome them. I love you all so much and I'm so thankful for all you do! You are in my prayers and I thank you for your prayers for me. They really do help a ton. Know that I am staying safe and that all is good here in Mexico, haha. Stay strong and always be praying and reading the scriptures! I love you all! Thanks for the letters and everything else you do for me!
Love,
Elder Despain
Monday, October 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment