Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Carta de Elder Despain Octubre 19, 2010

Hola Familia!
 Sorry I didn't write yesterday.  We have been working super hard.  Normally in a good week we get about 7 new investigators and that is a good number, but this past week me and my companion worked super hard and ended up getting 21 new investigators, which is super good.  And really exciting because we will be able to teach a lot more because we have people to teach and most of them are super good investigators and really have a desire to learn and progress!  This week, I gained a strong testimony in patience and diligence.  The first 3 days of the week we were working really hard, but just everything was falling through.  No one was home and it just was really hard to keep going because everything just was falling through.  But me and my companion just kept pushing through and really just tried to be diligent and then about Jueves (Thursday) in the night we finally started having some success.  That night we found a family of 6 and started teaching them and they are just awesome, the family Martinez Moralez!  They are really great and from that point on in the week we really started having success.  In the scriptures it talks about not getting blessings until AFTER the trial of your faith.  Well, it is very true.  We had our faith tried, but as we kept working and prayed hard for patience and for help to keep pressing forward, we finally received the blessings.  I know that my Heavenly Father loves me and that He knows me and that at times we are tried, but as we put our trust in Him and keep pushing forward with diligence we are blessed.  He will never try us more then we can take.  Also, this week we found a family of 10 that is really awesome and we had the chance to start teaching them.  That was another blessing, but also I got a stronger testimony that your Father in Heaven knows every person and cares about every person and sends people to help us in times of need.  I got this stronger testimony from this family, the family Satina.  When we found them, we were actually looking for a reference but couldn't find it.  But we felt that we should go ask at this house, the house of the family Satina.  When we asked, they didn't know where the reference was either but we were able to start teaching them because they let us in when we said we were missionaries.  But this is where the testimony came from.  When we entered this families' house, we started teaching them.  We didn't teach anything about the priesthood or that we could give blessings but after the lesson, one of the members of the family asked, "Can you give me a blessing?"  And we said, "Yes!"  I am not sure how she knew we could give her a blessing, but we were glad to be able to do it!  She wanted a blessing because just the day before we came to their house she had gotten news that she had cancer.  She is a younger lady and has kids, so as you can tell that would be very hard news to get.  But I know that the Lord knows her and I know that He led us to them because she needed the power of the priesthood in her life at that moment.  I was very glad to be able to be an instrument in the hand of the Lord to help her through this hard time.  Also, the mom of this family, she is kind of old and has been feeling very sick and we were able to give her a blessing as well!  I know that our Father in Heaven loves every one of us and wants the best for us.  I'm grateful to be able to hold the priesthood and be able to help the people I am here serving through the priesthood!  And I know that there is nothing that could bless families more then this gospel.  It is truly amazing and when we live its principles we are happy and receive blessings in this life and blessing for eternity.  So ya, we have been working hard this week and we have seen the fruits of our labor and it is really rewarding to see these people progress.  But that is why I didn't email yesterday is because we had appointments to go to and ended up not having time.  So I'm sorry and I hope you didn't worry to much!   Tell Jayden happy birthday!  I know I am two days late, but I hope he will forgive me and know that I was thinking about him on Sunday!  So I had an interesting experience this week.  I ate grasshoppers!  We went and caught them with a family and then they cooked them up and we ate them, little legs and all.  I thought it would be really weird and at first it was.  But it actually tasted really good, haha! Yummm, grasshoppers, haha.  I love you all so much.  Know that I am safe and doing good.  I am working hard and receiving blessings.  I love this gospel and I know it is true.  I miss you all, but I'm glad I get to be here serving these people!  I love you all.  Thanks for all you do! 
Love,
Elder Despain

No comments:

Post a Comment