Hey Family!!!
Well, I'm doing great! Everything here is just great! This past week was great. We worked hard and the Lord blessed us for that. We had one baptism and it was so awesome! We baptized Esperanza. We have been teaching her for a long time, but ya she was finally baptized. It was a really big testimony builder to me because she got baptized even though it was not what a lot of people wanted. She is so awesome. She has a tienda, a little store, and she is about 60 years old. As we taught her, a lot of her neighbors and people that buy stuff from her like were calling her names and saying she was a traitor because she was listening to us and thinking about baptism. They all said these things because they are all catholic and Esperanza was catholic, but even though all this was going on Esperanza fought through it and showed her faith and got baptized! She got baptized Martes, so Tuesday, and she is doing good! She also had opposition from her family but from her good example since her baptism, we were able to start teaching her husband who has never wanted anything to do with religion and that has been great. I don't know if he will be baptized but just the fact he is listening to us is amazing! It was just amazing to see her show real faith in the Lord and I know that she will get blessings for it in this life and into eternity and also, her family will get blessings and learn from her great example! Oh one question, Mom you said Alexa is getting married? That's great! Tell her hi for me! But my question is who is she marring? Well, if you know who let me know. Tell her congratulations for me! You also asked me about if I get conference Liahona and the answer is yes, so you don't have to send me it. All of us missionaries get the Liahona every month! And you also asked if I was getting enough to eat and if I eat more then once a day and the answer is yes! Last week I sent a pic of my belt and so as you can tell I am getting bigger and getting enough to eat, haha. I eat way more then once a day! People here are great. They are always asking if we want food and also there are tons of places to buy food when I get hungry. I just buy something so you don't have to worry about that! The tacos here are so amazing! Tacos with sheep in it is super good. It's weird because I had never really eaten a lot of sheep, haha, but they are good tacos and the Gringas! That's the name of a taco and it is just amazing!!!!!!!!!!! So ya no worries. I'm eating good! Haha. Well, this next week should be great. We have at least 2 baptisms, but maybe more. We have just started teaching a family of 5 and they are really awesome and came to church and everything so I think they will be baptized soon as well! I am truly seeing the blessings of the Lord as I work hard to serve Him. The Lord truly prepares people to hear this message of the restored gospel and when they have their hearts prepared by the Lord before we teach them, they just accept it like they have know it their whole life! It is a testimony that the Lord knows every person on the earth personally and can touch our hearts! I know that this church is true and I love it so much. I'm so grateful to be here and have the opportunity to serve the Lord. I am learning and growing daily and it is such and awesome experience to be here. I love you all so much. Thank you for all you do for me and thank you for your prayers and letters! I love you all and miss you all! Know that I am doing good and staying safe! I am in the Lord's hands and he will always watch over and protect me! I love you all!
Love,
Elder Despain
Monday, October 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment