Hola Familia!
I'm doing good here! This week has been a little hard because we aren't having too much success but I'm still pushing forward and working hard. I know that through my Savior I can overcome all of the problems and hard times that come up. It is still pretty cold here and still getting colder, haha, but I'm doing good. I think I'm adjusting to the cold so it's not too bad but it's cold, haha. I met this hermana that served her mission in the Tucson, Arizona mission but at that time it had like New Mexico and lots of places in that mission. She said she served in Deming, New Mexico for a long time and she was telling me that there is a restaurant called "Si Señor". She said it is like the best Mexican food she ever ate in her mission. I remember that Dad worked in Deming for awhile and was wondering if he ever ate there and if not, if he goes back he should definitely stop and eat there, haha. I miss you all a lot and I love you all! Tell everyone I said hi and especially tell all the kids I say hi. I keep thinking about when I come how they are going to be so big and I'm not going to recognize any of them, haha. I just want you all to know that I have a testimony of this gospel! I know that this church is true and that this gospel truly is the gospel of Jesus Christ and is the same church that He established when He was on the earth! I know that it is only through this gospel that we can have eternal families and have true happiness. I know that this work that I am here doing is the work of the Lord! I know that as I work hard, dedicate all my time and have diligence that the Lord will bless me with success because this isn't my work. It's His work. I also know that all members play an important part in the work of the Lord. Right now I am seeing what happens when the members don't give many references. We as missionaries don't have a lot of success. The prophet has taught that there is a better way to do missionary work than missionaries knocking doors and it is through the members. When we knock doors we don't have much success because the people don't know us, but when members present us to people we have success. Right off the bat they have confidence in us because they are friends with the member. I love being here in the mission and I know that I am here in this area because there are people here that have been prepared to listen to me and my companion. It's just a matter of finding those who have been prepared for us. I know that through members this work moves forward so much faster. I wanted to share this with you because I know that you can help the missionaries that are serving back at home. I love this work and I'm so glad I have the opportunity to be here serving the Lord! I love you all so much and I just want to thank you for all you do for me. You're the greatest family I could ever ask for! Know that I am safe and everything is going good for me! I love you all! Thank you for your prayers. I can really feel how much they help me! Thanks for all your letters! I love you all! Hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving. I'm not sure what it will be like here because they don't have Thanksgiving but I'm sure that it will be good, haha. I hope your Thanksgiving is good and make sure to eat a lot of food for me, haha! Love you all!
Love,
Elder Despain
Monday, November 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment