Hola Familia!
First of all, Mom I used some money to buy Burger King for me and my comp, haha. Sorry, but our food appointment fell through and we had no money so we went to Burger King and ate. I bought my companion's food as well, haha. So thanks for letting me use that! Well, everything here is good but the 6 weeks have past and cambios or changes are today! I got a call on Sabado (Saturday) from the president and found out where I am going! This will be my first change of area in Mexico. I'm pretty excited, but sad to leave this ward! I found out that I will be going to Metepec and my area is called Atlatlahuca. Don't worry, I couldn't say that at first either, haha. My companion is going to be Elder Arrecis. When I talked to the pres., he said that my companion can teach really good but is having trouble following the rules. So the pres. said that he was putting me out there because he knows that I will be obedient and help my comp. This was a compliment to me and I was glad that the pres. feels that he can trust me! Also, I am getting moved up to senior companion. There is a junior and senior comp. I have always been junior but this change I will be senior, which means I have more responsibility. I am a little nervous, but I know that this is where the Lord wants me and that He will help me to overcome anything that gets put in my way. I have really had the opportunity to feel and see the power of prayer and gain a testimony of it! I know that we can pray and ask anything as long as we ask with real intent and with faith, the Lord will answer us. I have seen many times that as I have prayed to know things in the mission, that as I ask with faith the Lord answers me. I was able to pray and ask if this is the right area and right companion for me to be going to. I received an answer that yes it is! I already knew that because I trust my pres. and I know that he receives revelation for us missionaries. That helped to strengthen my testimony that no matter how small of a question it is, the Lord does hear and answer! I hear that my new area is really cold this time of year, but I think it will be alright! A lot of missionaries also say that it is harder to baptize out there, but I know that if I work hard and have faith that the Lord will prepare people for me to teach and baptize! My area right now is almost in the DF (Distrito Federal or Federal District) like our church building is in the DF so it is really close to like Mexico City, city! My new area is way out in the State of Mexico and I guess it is just little villages or little towns so that should be cool, haha! Well, I love you all so much and thank you for all that you do for me! I am staying safe and everything is going good for me! I am praying for all of you and thank you for your prayers. They really do make a difference! I love you all and miss you all! Tell Julie good luck. I am praying for her and send me pics when she has the baby! I love you all!
Love,
Elder Despain
Monday, November 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment