Hola Familia!
So everything is going good in my new area! Although it is super, super cold! And everyone here is saying that this is nothing. It is going to get way colder, haha. So my new comp is good. When I got to this area it was super dead like there were no people for us to teach but we have been working very hard and are starting to have success. We have got to the point where we are teaching 4-7 lessons every day so that is really good. My comp said he has never taught that many lessons in one day in this area so its good. It is a big change though, haha. It was like going from living in downtown Phoenix to living in Snowflake, haha, But it's good. It is weird to be senior comp. because now I have a phone and have to talk to people on the phone all the time. I have to report numbers and make more decisions but its all going good! It is great to be an uncle again, haha. And the pictures are awesome! He is a very cute baby! Although it is weird to think that the first time I will see him in person, he will already be walking and stuff but its all good. I really love it here serving the Lord. At times it is hard but the Lord always blesses me to be able to push through and overcome anything that happens! I know that as we follow the spirit we are blessed! I have come to find out more and more that as I open my mouth and just start talking, the Lord always puts the words in my mouth that I need to say. I have had experiences here that I have no clue what to say or how to answer a question but I just open my mouth and start talking and the words always come to me that I need to say! I know that that is a tender mercy of the Lord. I know that this is His work and as we strive to do it He will always help us. I am starting to feel a lot more comfortable with my Spanish. I have gotten to the point that a lot of members here, when I first talked to them thought I had a lot more time in the mission. I know that without the Lord's help I would have never been able to learn Spanish, but through His help I was able to do it! I still have a long ways to go in my Spanish but it is a lot easier to get by now, haha. I don't have to struggle to speak and a lot of the times now it is easier to talk in Spanish then English. It was really weird in the cambios (transfers) there were a lot of new American elders and so I got to talk to them and I really finally got to see how far I have come in my Spanish. I felt like I hadn't progressed a lot but then when I talked to them it helped me to remember how far I have come ! My trainer, or dad in the mission, Elder Higuera, got another American to train. Well, he doesn't know much English and so we were on the bus going out to Taluca and Metepec and I was able to translate so the the new missionary knew what they were going to be doing when they got off the bus and stuff, haha. It was funny! Well, everything is going good here with me! Other than the cold, ha, but it's all good. I am always praying for you all and thank you so much for your prayers for me! They really do make a difference! Tell everyone back at home I say hi and tell Grandma and Grandpa I say hi! I will be sure to keep Grandma in my prayers! Well I love you all. Thanks for all you do for me! You are the best family I could ever ask for! Thanks, I love you!
Love,
Elder Despain
Monday, November 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment