Monday, December 6, 2010

Diciembre 6, 2010

Hola Familia!
This week was a good week!   We were able to start teaching a man named Roberto!  He has a sister who is a member and they went to the visitor center and he put himself down as a reference for the missionaries to come visit him.  So, we got the reference and were able to visit him and teach him this week.  The lesson was so great!  The Spirit was so strong during the lesson and we could tell that he wanted to cry during the whole lesson but held it back.  At the end, we asked him to say the closing prayer.  As he ended his prayer, he started to cry and we were able to explain that what he felt was the spirit testifying that these things are true.  It was a great experience not only for him but for us as missionaries.  I think that after we teach him a little more that he will be baptized!  He is a really cool guy!  I'm so grateful for the opportunity we have to teach him because I know that this gospel can be a true blessing in his life.  His mom died not to long ago.  She was a member and I know that as we teach him about the plan of salvation that he will be comforted a lot.  Also, just to be able to let him know that he will be able to see his mom again!  I know that this gospel is the source of true happiness in this life and I'm so grateful I am able to share it with Roberto and all the other people I meet here.  I'm very grateful that I had the ability to be born into a great family that had made the choice to accept and live this gospel!  Many people spend most of their lives searching for the happiness that I have had since the time I was born.  I'm also so grateful to know that I am part of an eternal family and that some day I will be able to start an eternal family of my own.  Without this gospel, it would be impossible to have that.  So this week it has gotten a lot colder here, haha.  In the mornings when we wake up, we can see our breath inside our house, haha.  In my bed I am fine and warm and all, but it is really hard to get up in the morning because out of my bed is so, so cold, haha.  I'm doing good and adjusting!  I'm so grateful to be here and have the opportunity to serve my Heavenly Father in His great work.  It's crazy it has almost been another 6 weeks next Monday.  We have cambios  (transfers) again.  I will find out this Saturday where I'm going or if I'm staying here and who my new comp will be.  It is really crazy how fast the time is going by.  I mean, I have almost been out 9 months and it just seems like time is flying by.  I don't feel like I have been gone for 9 months.  Well at times, other times, I feel like I have been gone a life time but its okay.  I'm getting very excited to be able to talk to all of you at the end of this month.  It is getting very close, haha.  I remember getting to Mexico and thinking Christmas is forever away.  Well it came fast and it's here, haha.  I was also thinking by that time I will be so good at Spanish.  I still feel I am not very good, but I always have to remind myself to look back to the day I got here and when I do that, I have come a long, long way, haha.  My Spanish is 1000 times better then when I got here, haha.  Well, I love you all so much and miss you all a ton.  Thank you so much for all your letters and for your prayers.  Know that I pray for all of you daily and that I am so so thankful and lucky to have such a great family!  Love you!
Love,
Elder Despain

No comments:

Post a Comment