Monday, December 13, 2010

Diciembre 12, 2010

Hola Familia!
   So I have changes (transfers) tomorrow and I have to leave my area early in the morning to get to the changes so I won't have time to write.  So I am using a member's computer to send you a quick email!  I will try to get on tomorrow to write back to any letters you send, but I don't know if I will have time.  So this week was really great!  After writing last week, we went to eat with a member and he took us to a restaurant to eat.  It was called Texas Ribs!  It was almost the same as Texas Roadhouse and it was so amazing to get to eat ribs again, haha.  I hadn't eaten ribs since I was at home!  Also this week, we were able to teach Roberto again and had another amazing lesson with him.  We were able to teach him about the plan of salvation and that if he accepts this gospel and lives it, that he can return to live with his Father in Heaven again and also see and live with his mom again.  The spirit was so, so strong during the lesson.  During that lesson, my testimony about the plan of salvation was strengthened because throughout the whole lesson the spirit was testifying of the truthfulness!  It was really great we were also able to invite him to be baptized and he said yes.  We still don't have a date for his baptism, but the next visit I am pretty sure we will be able to set a baptismal date!  It is really great and I just love to get to see him grow and progress and come closer to his Savior Jesus Christ!  Also this week, I found out about the changes.  Well last night or this morning at about 2 in the morning.  I was pretty sure I would be staying here because I only have one change.  My companion had already packed all his suitcases because he was sure he was going to be leaving because he has been here 2 changes.  But when we got the changes, I found out I will be getting changed to the Zone, Lomas Verdes, in the darrio or ward Tlalli!  All that was fine because I will go where the Lord wants me to go and all the areas are great.  So if I stayed or went, either way is okay.  But the real surprise was that they told me that I got moved up and I will now be a district leader, which means I will have more responsibility and will be over a couple pairs of missionaries.  This is also fine because I will do what the Lord wants me to do.  But I'm not going to lie, I'm a little nervous for it because I will be helping and teaching other elders and thats a big responsibility.  But I know that this is the Lord's will and whatever is the Lord's will, I will do.  I also know that if He called me to do this, He will also prepare a way for me to be able to accomplish this calling and become the missionary that He wants me to be.  Well, I love you all and I hope you all are staying safe!  It's crazy, this week I will complete 9 months.  The time is flying by.  I'm so excited that I will be able to talk to all of you in less than 2 weeks!  Well, I love you all so much.  Sorry I couldnt write more, but I don't have much time but I will try to write tomorrow, really quick, just to respond to your letters.  Love ya!
Love,
Elder Despain

P.S.  I asked some elders from the states that have more time then me and they said all packages take 3 weeks to a month to get here.  So I'm sure mine will take the same amount of time, so I thought I would let you know.  Love ya all!

No comments:

Post a Comment