Monday, January 17, 2011

Jan 17, 2011

Hola Familia!
I hope everything is going good for all of you back at home! I'm doing very good and don't worry Mom, I'm not sick any more so everything's good ha. This week was really good. We weren't having much success so we fasted to start the week. We really saw the blessings that came from fasting and were able to have a really great week. We had two baptisms yesterday, Sunday! We were able to baptize Yeny and Susana! It was really great and always so awesome to see the happiness this gospel brings into their lives. That was the highlight of my week, to get to see them take this important step in their lives and be baptized. I'm so grateful that I have this gospel in my life and that I am able to share it will all the people here! It is pretty crazy, today I completed 10 months in the mission. I don't feel like it has been that long but it has. The time is really flying by. We have combios this next Monday but I think I will be staying in this area again. Then the next combio I will complete a year its crazy. I still don't understand where the time has gone. It just has flown by so fast. We have another person that is ready for baptism and has a date for next Sunday. His name is Carlos Camacho and he is super awesome. He was a reference from the visitor center. We taught him two times but then he left for vacation so we gave him all the pamphlets. When he came back this last week from his trip, we taught him again. He had read all the pamphlets and already started changing the things in his life that he needed to change. It was just so awesome. He also came to church yesteday and liked it alot. Also Yeny who we baptised, they knew each other from school so that was really cool. He came to her baptism and I think that helped him to get excited and it was just really awesome. We have another investigator named Lesli and her mom is Susana. She was suposed to be baptised yesterday along with her mom but she is 9 months pregnant and so she felt sick and couldn't come to church so couldnt be baptised. She is super awesome and we are hoping and praying that she won't have her baby by next Sunday and can come to church. Then she can be baptised, but we will see. I'm just so grateful to get to be here and serve the Lord! I am so grateful for the help that the Lord gives each and every one of us through the spirit of the Holy Ghost. Daily I can feel the Lord leading me where to go and what to say through the Holy Ghost. Also, there have been so many times where we are about to go somewhere and then my comp and I just feel really strongly we shouldn't go so we don't. I don't know what would of happened in everyone of these experiences if we would have gone anyway but I'm just grateful that we are able to stay safe and have the help of the Lord to guide and keep us out of trouble. But, like you all know if I'm on my own, I always find trouble ha! The Lord is always watching out for us and keeping us safe! I know promptings of the Spirit are real and that they are a true blessing as we follow the promptings we recieve. Well, I love you all and I hope that you are all staying safe and that all is well at home. Thanks for all you do for me! I love you all! Love, Elder Despain

No comments:

Post a Comment