This week was really great! Carlos Camacho was able to be baptized and that was really great! I sent the picture. Baptismals (baptisms) are always a really amazing experience. I don't have much time today because like you know, today is cambios again! I got another big surprise when I got my changes this week. I found out that I will be getting an hijo (son)! or a new missionary straight from the MTC and I will be his trainer or papa, haha. My companions name is Elder Plata. It is a lot more responsibility but when I talked to the pres., he said he had confidence that I would do a good job so I am hoping I can live up to that. I will still be a district leader as well, so it will be a little bit of a challenge this change with a lot of responsibility but I'm sure that it will go good. I know that the Lord wouldn't have called me to do it if he didn't think I could. Although, I was relieved when the pres. told me it was going to be a Mexican because I wouldn't want to be training an American because then I have to help him with his Spanish, as well as teaching, haha. But I know that what the Lord has called me to do I can do with His help! I love you all so much and thank you so much for all your prayers and letters! I have the best family I could ever ask for! This week I had a meeting with all the district leaders and the pres. and the presidents son was there and talked to us. It was really awesome. He gave a great talk. Then we watched a video that was Elder Eyring y Elder Holland and it was on the atonement and why do we think that a mission would be something easy when the perfect missionary Jesus Christ never had it easy, not even for one moment. It was an amazing video and was so true and strengthened my testimony of the atonement and helped me to understand my purpose here a little better and to understand how to become better as a missionary! Well, I have to go but I love you all! Thanks for all you do! and know you're in my prayers. Know that I'm safe and doing great! Love Ya!
Love,
Elder Despain





No comments:
Post a Comment