Monday, January 3, 2011

Letter Home 1-3-11

Hey family!
So, last week I used some money off my card at Costco. I bought my comp some socks because he only had like 3 or 4 pairs so I bought him some socks. I hope that was okay! O ya, and on two of the ties you sent me, it has Elder Despain written on the back, but like it was written a while ago. Were they two ties from Dad's mission or do you know? O ya mom, I was talking to Elder Wagstaff, who is in my zone, and we got to talking about how you and his mom talk all the time on mission mom thing, haha. So I just thought that was funny because now we are in the same zone. So I'm glad to hear that Uncle Jeff taught the principles class and a little surprised that he would teach the Relief Society lesson, hahahahaha. I'm sure that wasn't what you meant in the letter, but when I read it, it made it sound like he taught both, haha. So tell him I'm glad he is going over and beyond his callings. Ha, tell Cortney and Grandma thank you for the package and the cookies and their letters! Tell Cortney it better be a good guy she is dating and he better get baptized, haha. No but, tell them thank you. The package was really great! On Saturday, the first, we had a zone activity and the president let us watch two movies, Toy Story 3 and some movie about a villain that adopts 3 little girls. I don't remember the name but it was a funny movie. (Despicable Me)and we ate hamburgers! That activity was fun. After the activity we worked, but it was a hard day because there was no one out, haha. We had a baptism fall through yesterday. When we went by her house to get her to go to church and for her baptism, she just wasn't home so that was sad. But we found a kid named Alejandro and a lady named Consuelo. They are really cool and I am hoping we can get them ready for baptism by next Sunday, but will see. I love this work and I'm really grateful I have the opportunity to be here serving the Lord! This truly is His work and as we focus and do it with all our might and diligence, we receive muchos blessings. I love you all! Thanks for all you do for me! You're the greatest family I could ever ask for! I will get back to you next week with the bank address. I still haven't gotten it, but I will try to this week! I love you all! Thanks for your prayers and know that you're in my prayers daily!
Love,
Elder Despain

No comments:

Post a Comment