Monday, May 23, 2011

Hola 5-23-11

Hola familia!
 
This week was good! I was still a little sick, but I'm getting better! This week was cool because I got to hear Elder Oaks talk twice!  On Wed., we got to listen to him in the D.F., just our mission and just the missionaries. It was awesome! I got to shake his hand and talk to him for a second! It was sweet. Also when he finished his talk to us, he said "In and by the office I hold as an Apostle of Jesus Christ, I leave a bessing with all of you!" It was really cool. Like through the office as an Apostle he blessed us. It was cool!!!! Also when he spoke in our stake conference, the mission president's wife asked me for a pass along card for Sister Oaks. So I gave her one I had in my pocket and then Sister Oaks used it in her talk and held it up and it was mine, haha. Stupid, but cool! I thought it was funny! We played futbol (soccer) today vs Metepec, a different zone. That was cool. I made two goals, haha, and who says Americans can't play futbol?!!!! It was fun! It has also been really cool to visit and see how much Veronica, Andrea and Fernanda have changed. Their baptism was a big change and it was really great for them. I love this gospel and I love seeing it change peoples lives! It was so, so cool to hear from Elder Oaks. I now know more than ever that he is truly a special witness of Jesus Christ and truly is called a servant of the Lord just like all the apostles in the Bible! It was really a cool experience! It was also cool to be all together as a mission. ever since they changed how we do changes, we never see everyone in the mission. So there were a lot of missionaries I hadn't seen in a long time, so it was cool to see them!!!  I will be sure to keep Jason in my prayers. Hope that all is good with him, but I will be sure to pray for him!!! Well, all is going well for me. I love you all so much! Thanks for all you do for me. Love ya!
 
Love,
Elder Despain

No comments:

Post a Comment