Hola familia!!
Sorry I didn't write sooner! This week and last week have been crazy! I have been working a lot to help out my district. They haven't been doing too well so I have been going to their areas and helping them out a lot! I'm glad I can help them but it makes for long days and no time because then I have to work even harder to catch up in my area the time I missed, but it's going good! I am teaching this Japanese lady. She is from Japan and then she lived in the states for a while and now is living here and so she speaks English, but her Spanish isn't too good, so I have been teaching her in English but it is super hard, haha. The words all just want to come out in Spanish! Like I have to think about what I want to say in Spanish and then translate it into English, haha. It comes out wrong a lot but I'm getting better because we have taught her a few times!!! It is a cool experience! I don't know if Andre was in this city, but she is from Chepa or something like that. It is close to Tokyo. I thought that he might know where that is or maybe was there on his mission... Other than that, not much is new, just been working hard! We have a lot of people who are progressing a lot and hope that we will have some success and some baptisms soon! These few weeks have been hard. Our baptisms keep falling through for really weird reasons, but we will keep working and the Lord will bless us! I loved what Emily said in her prayer for me, it was perfect! Because I am always thinking about what kind of missionary you would want me to be mom! and I know that you would want me to be the best missionary as possible and to have the spirit as strong as possible. Every day I think about that and it makes me work harder to be the missionary that you would want me to be mom! I know that Emily prayed for the right thing so that I could have the spirit like you would want me to have the spirit!!! Thank you all so much for all your prayers and I know that each one of you pray for something that I need and that every prayer helps me to be a little bit better while I'm in the service of the Lord! I still am far from the missionary that I would like to be but I know that everyday I'm working to become a little better! and I know that the Lord is helping me to become better and more like He wants me to be! Thanks for all you do for me and for the help and support of all of you! I love you all! and I miss you all too!
Love,
Elder Despain
Thursday, June 23, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment