Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Hola 6-7-11

Hola Familia!    So, everything here is going good! Not much is new. Yesterday we played futbol and that was fun. We played against a different zone. I got sun burnt. On my legs I got burnt like 6 inches, haha, in between where my long socks ended and were my shorts started, haha. It looks funny, haha. Then I got burnt on my face and neck but not much, haha, and it's like just a tan now, haha, but it was fun playing! We have a lot of people getting close to baptism. We just taught a girl named Veronica today and she accepted baptism for this Sunday so that was really cool. We have been teaching her for a while and she has understood everything. The only thing is just like she just kept saying, "But I'm Catholic and I can't change," which is what lots of people say. But we finally got her to understand that she wasn't doing something bad, she is just following the example of Jesus Christ and she finally understood that. There is a scripture in Mark 7:6-9 that talks  about traditions and that the people put aside the commandments of God to do a tradition and that is like what the Catholic church is. And so we read that with her and she finally understand how important it is to follow the commandments before the traditions of our fathers. But ya, that was just cool that she finally accepted! I'm glad that all is going good back at home. I miss you all a lot. But it is really crazy how fast the time is flying by. I have almost been gone 15 months! Thanks for all your letters this week, they were great! I truly have the best family ever! Thanks for all you do for me! Moses 3:18 says no man should be alone. Well, I am not alone because I have a great family and I know that is why God puts us here on Earth in families so that we aren't alone and I'm so lucky to have the family I do! Proverbs 1:8, listen to your parents. I know that this is very important. I am so grateful to have such great parents that have always taught me so well. I know I wouldn't be here today if it weren't for my great parents.   John 6:38, "Jesus did the will of the Father always and so should we! Efecials (Ephesians) 6:1 but we should obey our parents in the Lord and that is why I'm so grateful for such great parents becasue they always taught me to follow them, but in the ways of the Lord. I know that as I follow their examples I am doing what the Lord wants me to be doing! Thanks for being such great parents and for being such a great family, all of you for me! I love you all and miss you all! I'm doing good and I am praying for all of you daily. Thanks for all your prayers. I can feel them and they do help! I love you all.
 

Love,
Elder Despain

No comments:

Post a Comment