Hola familia!
So this week was a pretty good week! In my area, we didn't have a ton of success but I got to go to the temple! Elia, that I baptized when I was with E. Higuera, went through the temple and I got to go. It was so, so, so, so awesome! I sent some pictures you should have already got them! It was just a really great experience and the spirit was super strong and it just makes everything I have been doing worth it!
Also, in my district we ended up having 4 baptisms! But it was crazy. They all had their date for baptism but when we got to church on Sunday, 2 of the 4 that were supposed to get baptized that same afternoon didn't want to get baptized anymore! So I interviewed them both over again during the church services and then they ended up getting baptized when church ended. It was great! I also ended helping to baptize one of them because she was super nervous to enter into the water and was really scared of drowning. But ya, it went good! It was a true blessing from the Lord! They all were really cool experiences for me how they ended up getting baptized. First, like Thursday, I did an interview for one of them. I had already interviewed her the week before but I was just doing another one to keep her excited about her baptism and just get her more ready and excited. But the last week when I talked to her, she didn't want to get baptized because of her daughter, who is 11, didn't want to get baptized. Anyways, I felt like I should promise her that if she got baptized that her daughter would follow her example in less then 2 weeks! Well, this week, like Thursday, when I talked to her I interviewed her in her daughter's room. Usually when you do an interview, it just is you and the person. But in this case, we did the interview in her daughter's room, but her daughter was in there doing home work so she was listening to everything. Well, when I was talking to her and promising her lots of blessings and just getting her ready and excited for her baptism, out of no where the daughter turns around in her chair and said, "Mom, I want to get baptized as well!!!!" It was just a blessing from the Lord to have her accept and follow her mom's example. It was awesome. When she said that I just like started praying in my head and giving thanks because it truly was a miracle and it was just truly amazing! It is so wonderful the miracles I get to see as I'm serving the lord! But ya, all the baptisms just were really cool and I get to interview like each one of them a few times to get them excited and convinced to get baptized and it was just really amazing and lots of miracles!
So today, we went to waterfalls. It was pretty cool, but the funnest part of the whole thing is when we had to go down this really steep hill and we were like trying to slide down on our feet but everyone was just falling and we got all muddy. It was great and super funny, haha. I'll send pictures!
In my new district, because we had changes, one of the elders, E. Barajas, got a kid! (un hijo) He is American. He is from California and I am really remembering a lot about when I got here and now I can really, really see how much my Spanish has improved, haha. But he is a great elder and I have been enjoying getting to help him out and teach him and translate for him when he doesn't know what his companion is saying or when he doesn't know what others are saying, haha! We took him to eat tacos al pastor today, haha. It was cool! They call me a lot, haha, on the phone and I explain to him what his companion is trying to tell him. It's fun!
Well, I don't have much more time! I hope you all are doing great and that all is well back at home! Dad, I hope that is going great for you. Let me know how you're doing. I will make sure to keep you especially in my prayers! I hope you have a great time and that you can always stay safe! I love you all and I miss you all, too. I hope you are all doing well and thanks for all you do for me! Mom, thanks a ton for buying those shirts. I know they will be a great help to this kid and that he will really be happy and it really is great we can help him because he is making a big decision. That must be hard without his family's support, but is what the Lord really wants from him! Thanks Mom, you're the best! I love you! Please try and send it as fast as possible because he leaves in Oct. and you know how great the mail is here, haha! I love you all!
Love,
Elder Despain





No comments:
Post a Comment