Monday, August 22, 2011

Hola 8-22-11

Hola Familia!!!!!!!! 
  So, I'm really sorry that I didn't write last week. It was a crazy day and I was on like 2 minutes and I had to use/have that time just to write my president. So ya, I'm really sorry but I am writing this week :) haha!
 So, ya, wow! That is really crazy that Dad is going to Taiwan!!!!!!! But really, really cool at the same time! It sounds like it will be an adventure but a good experience!  So I got to go to the temple 2 Saturdays ago and it was really amazing. I got to see some converts (well, they weren't my converts but I worked a lot with them to baptize the rest of their family because when I got there they had just got baptized.) but ya, it was an awesome experience to get to go to their sealing. It was amazing and I felt the spirit so, so strongly!!! I love the temple and I miss going a lot but it was really cool to be there as they got married!

Also, last week and this week we got people at church so that was awesome to have people to go to church because here it is hard to get our investigators to church. Also, not last week but the week before we had house inspections by the presidents wife...... That was a first in all of my mission, haha. Our house is pretty good so it wasn't too bad, but I feel bad for lots of the other elders because some of the houses in the mission are so nasty, haha. But we just didn't have tables or beds or like anywhere to put our stuff so it was unorganized. But she made sure we got what we needed so that was good. So now our house is organized, haha!!!

Also, I don't know Mom if you already sent the package you were going to send. But, I was wondering if you hadn't sent it yet, could you buy two size 19 shirts and send them to me. There is a kid in my ward (he is a big kid) that is going to go on his mission in Oct. but he is the only member in his family and doesn't have much money and his family isn't too supportive that he is going. But any ways, he only has like 4 shirts so I was wondering if you could send me like two so we could help him out a little! He is a great kid with a great desire to serve the Lord! We took him out to work with us on Saturday and ya, he was just a little worried about the shirts. So that would be awesome if you could send me like two size 19, well the around the neck is 19 idk if there is another size on shirts, but I hope with that you can find one that will work! Thanks mom!

Also, when I went to the temple I saw tons of members from my first area and they all were so cool to see, like they all remembered me. I didn't think they would but they did and it was great to see them!! We also had a baptism this week. It was Sunday!!! Fernando!!! I'm not going to lie, it was a real miracle. I think Heavenly Father just felt bad for us and so he just sent him to us, haha. We didn't really even teach him. He is the son of a member and he just wanted to get baptized. We didn't do anything but it just shows that if you work hard, God blesses you :)

Also, I just wanted to share some scriptures with all of you! 2 Nephi 2:11, Opposition in all things! D&C 122:7, Trials are experiences for our good! 8-9, Even the greatest man, Jesus, suffered so much here on earth in His life, we are not better than Him so we shouldn't expect not to have to suffer a little, but fear not because God is with us!!!!! 1Corinthians 10:13, No temptation or trail that we cant overcome, God gives us an escape! I love that scripture, I use it a lot!! D&C 121:1-3, why, how long???? A question we always ask when hard times come. 7, just a short amount of time. Some times we want out now but we must remember that God answers our prayers, but on His time, but it will just be a short amount of time. 8, if we endure well, we will be blessed!  Alma 32:6, afflictions sometimes are to humble us. Alma 64:41, and also sometime are to soften our hearts!!! I was studying the other day and I just really got a lot out of that so I thought I would share it with you all!!! I love you all!! Thanks for all you do for me and for always being so supportive of me!!! I love you all and I miss you all too!!!

Love,
Elder Despain

No comments:

Post a Comment