Love you all,
Elder Despain
(Elder Despain sent us the letter in Spanish so I translated the important part to English. For those who speak Spanish I also included the Spanish letter. Let me know if my translation is correct.)
My Dear Sisters and Elders,
It is with great joy that I write this week. A good friend once remarked that he likes the "changes" because it is the opportunity we have to "change". It is my desire to take this time to make "changes" that they know are needed to improve as missionaries. In doing so, we will be worthy of the companionship of the Holy Spirit.
There are some points I want to play with you so we can improve as a mission:
Let's read the Book of Mormon as a mission. I promise that if we search the Book of Mormon with all our heart and as a mission, we will see our spirituality and successes increase. One of the best ways to teach the gospel, is by "inspired questions." Besides that we draw closer to the Lord by studying this sacred book, I want you to mark and ponder all the questions made by the prophets and the Lord, found in the Book of Mormon. Doing this will make us reflect on what we do, and also give us "questions" that we can use when we teach God's elect. Attached is a calendar for what to read each day. We will finish the last day of the year. Continue to read only that which is indicted each day. I know that there will be a great power that will come upon us to be reading the same verses each day.
It is with great joy that I write this week. A good friend once remarked that he likes the "changes" because it is the opportunity we have to "change". It is my desire to take this time to make "changes" that they know are needed to improve as missionaries. In doing so, we will be worthy of the companionship of the Holy Spirit.
There are some points I want to play with you so we can improve as a mission:
Let's read the Book of Mormon as a mission. I promise that if we search the Book of Mormon with all our heart and as a mission, we will see our spirituality and successes increase. One of the best ways to teach the gospel, is by "inspired questions." Besides that we draw closer to the Lord by studying this sacred book, I want you to mark and ponder all the questions made by the prophets and the Lord, found in the Book of Mormon. Doing this will make us reflect on what we do, and also give us "questions" that we can use when we teach God's elect. Attached is a calendar for what to read each day. We will finish the last day of the year. Continue to read only that which is indicted each day. I know that there will be a great power that will come upon us to be reading the same verses each day.
As you know, last month ended with more than three hundred baptisms, and I know we can do even more. You still have not reached anywhere near the limits of what can be done in the Work. It is important to our mission that we love more than ourselves or our companions. We still have missionaries who are not 100% compliant and do not want to give everything they have for the Lord. (The disobedient and lazy you know who you are). When we think that we do not want to give everything, let us remember that the Lord gave everything for us. I feel that as much as what you give to the Lord; We will receive that same amount from Him. It is an honor to be working alongside you in this great work. Keep firm (Stay Strong). We love you all and pray for you. President V. |
Mi Estimados Hermanas y Elderes,
Es con gran gozo que les escribo esta semana. Un buen amigo una vez hizo la observación que le gusta los “cambios” porque es la oportunidad que tenemos para “cambiar”. Es mi deseo que tomen este tiempo para hacer “cambios” que saben que son necesario para mejorarse como misioneros. Al hacer esto, seremos más digno de la compañía del Espíritu Santo.
Hay algunos puntos que me gustaría tocar con ustedes para que podamos mejorar como un misión:
Como saben, el mes pasado terminamos con más de trescientos bautismos, y sé que podemos hacer aun mas. Ustedes todavía no han llegado ni cerca a sus límites de lo que pueden hacer en la Obra. Es importante que amemos a nuestra misión más que a nosotros mismos o nuestros compañeros. Todavía tenemos misioneros que no son 100% obedientes y no quieren dar todo lo que tienen para el Señor. (ustedes los desobedientes y flojos saben quienes son). Cuando pensamos que no queremos dar TODO, recordemos que el Señor dio TODO por nosotros. Siento que en medida que lo que damos por el Señor; recibiremos esa misma cantidad de Él.
Es un honor estar trabajando a lado de ustedes en esta gran obra.
Sigan firme.
Les amamos a todos y oramos por ustedes.






No comments:
Post a Comment