Monday, July 26, 2010

26 Lunes, Julio 2010

Hey Family!
I hope you are all doing great! This week was good for me! We didn't have any baptisms, but it was still a good week. We got all the references for this area for the last 6 months from our leaders and were told to go and check them all out. There was about 22 references, which is a ton! It is super hard to find addresses here because the house numbers make no sense and I am pretty sure they just pick a random number when they move in and there are a ton of duplicate numbers on every street but we were about to find most of them. It made for a good week and we are about to get a lot of new investigators, which is great! This week we have two couples getting married so they can be baptized. The husband of one is already a member but is inactive, or was. So that means we should have at least 3 baptisms this week, which is great!
I got my hair cut today for the first time in Mexico. I was nervous about it, but I found a member who cuts hair so she did it for free and it looks pretty good. It is a lot better than I thought it would be, haha. This week, the month and a half of being in Mexico finally caught up to me, haha. I had diarrhea all week, haha. Not fun, but I was able to get through it and was lucky enough to not even have an accident, haha, which a lot of the Americans aren't that lucky, haha. They all say they got sick and I thought I wasn't going to, but I finally did. But it was just diarrhea, nothing more and only for a week, so that is pretty good. A lot of the Americans got it a lot, lot worse, haha.
Please tell Mac "Happy Birthday! and Felicidades!" Well I love you all and thank you for all you do for me! And for your prayers! Also, I got more letters last Monday night so that was great. Thank you Mom for the letters. I loved hearing about everything! Also, tell Bro McIntyre that I got his letters. Tell him thank you so much. They were really great and tell him I will try and write him back very soon!
About the Bishop thing, it was really a great experience and I really learned that when we are patient and ask our Heavenly Father for understanding and for patience, He answers and everything turns out good. This goes for a lot of things that we don't understand. It helps to pray for patience and understanding and He will help. The Lord is amazing and He hears and answers prayers! I love this church and I know it is true. I know that it has the power to change lives through the atonement of Christ! This gospel is amazing and when people live it, it is a true blessing. There is no greater happiness than that, that comes from living this gospel! I love you all and thank you all for all you do! I couldn't ask for a better family and I couldn't ask for better friends. You are all amazing. Stay strong and remember the Lord in all you do and He will bless you! Love you all.
Oh, I forgot to tell you all this, haha. This week I started teaching English, haha. It was weird but went really good and it gives us another opportunity to teach. What we do is we have classes for English and I teach English for half the time and then we have a lesson about the gospel for the other half. It is really great! But it is weird to teach English and it is weird to talk in English, haha, because I try to never talk in English, even with the American elders in my Zone. We just speak Spanish so it is weird when I am teaching, haha, but it's good.
It also rained every day all day this week. Oh, cool story... so the Lord answers prayers. We had Jennifer and Jacquelin and we asked if they were going to come to church this week. Their mom said no because it has rained all week and it would probably rain Sunday morning. She didn't want to go out and go all the way to the church in the rain. But me and my companion promised her it wouldn't rain on Sunday morning and then asked would she go and she said if it didn't rain, yes. So we prayed hard that it wouldn't rain. And the Lord answered our prayers and it didn't rain. They came to church and we got to confirm Jennifer and Jacquelin and then about an hour after church got out and all the members were home, including Jennifer and Jacquelin and their mom, it just started pouring and didn't stop the rest of the day, haha. It was great and I know the Lord answered our prayers and made it possible for them to be confirmed members and receive the gift of the Holy Ghost! Which is such an awesome gift and is amazing! I feel it daily and am led, guided and kept safe because of the promptings of the Holy Ghost. When we live worthy, we are blessed with this great gift and it is truly amazing! The Lord hears and answers us. All we must do is pray and have faith. Pray, believing and having faith that He will answer and He will answer! I love you all. You are amazing! Thank you for everything.

Love,
Elder Despain

No comments:

Post a Comment