Monday, July 5, 2010

Rain, rain and more rain!

Hey Everyone!
No, I didn't feel the earthquake here.  I didn't even know there was one, haha.  Although I have heard about Monterrey, Mexico and I saw some pictures of what all the rain did.   That is so crazy. If you haven't seen it you should look it up, it is kinda crazy.  Things here are great!  I got letters for the first time this week, but they were just letters from like the day I left the MTC.  I got one from Christi.  Tell her thank you so much.  I loved it and it was great to hear about everything going on.  Tell her I love her and I miss her and her family very much!  I love all of you too, haha.  Then I got 2 from Kylee, so ya I didn't get any others.  I'm sure they are on the way, but I don't know how long they will take, haha.  But don't worry, I know that you love me!  So last night was so crazy.  It rained so hard.  My companion and I were teaching a family in Polo Solo Cir. and that is like a 25 minute walk from our house.  It was like pouring, so the family gave us an umbrella and we started on our way.  The umbrella was like useless.  We were still getting so wet so we just closed it and sprinted down this huge hill that was like a river at this point.  We then stood at the bottom of the hill to wait for a combi (taxi/van) because we didn't want to walk the whole 25 minutes in pouring rain.  We finally got a combi then we took that to a place that is about 3 minutes from our house. Then we walked home, but I was so, so, so wet there was nothing on me that was dry.  I had to wring my clothes out when I got home and I probably can't wear those shoes for about 2 weeks because they are so wet.  I'm guessing they will take a long time to dry, just like everything else.  I am going to send a picture of me and my companion.  It was when we were waiting for the combi, haha.  It was awesome!  We were so wet.  It was kinda crazy yesterday. We took 3 kids to church with us 12, 9, 6, haha.  Church was way crazy with kids, haha.  We are baptizing the 9 year old on Sunday but their mom had to work so we took them to church, haha.  Yesterday, I bore my testimony in Sacramemt meeting because it was the first Sunday of the month.  It went great but it was my first time in front of a whole ward in Spanish, haha.  It went good!  So I don't know if I told you this but because of the law in Arizona, everyone here hates Arizona so I have been saying I'm from Utah to all the people I meet in like the street but I tell the members I am from Arizona.  We got our new mission president this week and he is awesome.  I had an interview with him and he told me that I had to tell everyone I am from Utah even the members, haha.  It's not totally a lie because I lived there for 3 months, haha.  I just think it's funny I have to tell everyone that, haha.  This week we visited a less active member and she is very, very poor.  She offered us food and we said no because we could tell that they had nothing.  She wouldn't take no for an answer so we ate.  I felt so bad because she didn't eat and I don't think she had enough to eat.  I'm positive that the Lord will bless her for her willingness to sacrifice, but I felt so bad.  I mean like her house, I thought was going to fall over it was so sad.  My companion and I are hoping to help her fix her house up as like a ward project or something.  But ya, that was very sad and I have never felt so bad for eating in my life.  The baptism for last week didn't work.  Daniel backed out the day of the baptism because he doesn't feel prepared.  I know he is but we have to respect that and I am hoping he will feel ready to take that step to baptism very soon.  This week we have 4 baptisms lined up and I really hope they work out!  Like I said before, we got our new president he is really great.  I am very excited about having him.  He is going to be a great president.  He told me in my interview about a new program that they are starting up for training missionaries in the field.  It sounds really great and I am super excited.  He said that with this new program it means he won't be behind a desk all the time.  It means he will be able to get out in the field and teach with us, which is so awesome.  I am so excited to go out and teach with him!  It's going to be great!  Well, I hope you are all doing good.  I love you all and miss you all!  The church is true!  The Lord is blessing me a ton and He is keeping me safe!  I love this work and I love the opportunity I have to bring happiness to the lives of these people!  I love you all!

Love,
Elder Despain

No comments:

Post a Comment