Monday, July 19, 2010

July 19, 2010

Hey Family, 19 Lunes, Julio 2010
Kimi asked me to put the date on letters so I did! I hope that works out for you all, haha. This week was great! We had two baptisms Jennifer, 13, and Jacquelin, 8. It was great. Their mom has been inactive for a lot of years and so we taught her along with her daughters, baptized them and reactivated her. It was really great to see the happiness this gospel brings to the lives of those who live it! I got to baptize Jennifer, and it went really good! Also this week, we ate with this family and they had a little boy about Jayden's age and he reminded me so much of Jayden. It was so funny. His parents went in to wash dishes from our lunch and he sat and told me stories. I didn't really understand his story because it was pretty far out there, just like a Jayden's stories, haha. He probably didn't stop talking for like 30 minutes and then he only stopped because we had to leave and the funniest part is I only said like 2 words in the 30 minutes of talking, haha. It all started just because I asked if he liked Spider-man because he was wearing a Spider-man shirt, haha. It was really funny and just really made me think of all the kids, but really a lot about Jayden, haha.

This week I saw two rats that were big enough that I think they could easily eat a cat. We were walking next to where there was a lot of trash and they were running through the trash. They were so huge and ya it was kinda crazy because they could eat a cat, haha. This week was kinda different because we had the baptism all ready for Sunday and the girls had already had interviews and everything and then on Saturday the Bishop just randomly said he thought they shouldn't get baptized this week, which was weird. So anyways, we had to call our leaders, the zone leaders, and tell them this. They were very confused and so were we, but we were praying that it would just work out. Then just after we got off the phone with our zone leaders the Bishop called and said he thought about it more and he thought that Sunday would be okay now. It was very strange but also a very good experience. I know that when we rely on the Lord to help us make things happen smooth and right and have faith, that it will work out the way He wants it to. It always works out. We were praying very hard to understand why the Bishop thought this and to understand and respect his decision and as we did this the Lord helped us and blessed him to change his mind. It was a small thing but it was very big to me and I grew a lot and learned to trust the Lord more! I love this gospel so much. It is truly amazing. I am so grateful to be here doing this work. I love to see the happiness this gospel brings. Thank you so much all of you for all you do. Thank you for blessing me with such a great family. You all are so great and I couldn't ask for a better family and better parents! This church is true and will bless us with peace and happiness as we live the gospel and follow the prophet! I just want to tell you all that I know that the Book of Mormon is true! I can promise you all that as you read it daily you will be blessed and I can promise that your day will go better when you read in the Book of Mormon. You don't have to read a ton, just a few verses a day, and I can promise you will be blessed! It is the word of God and I know it to be true! Thank you for all you do. I love you all! and I miss you too! I am doing great and staying safe! Love you all!

Love,
Elder Despain

No comments:

Post a Comment