Wow, I can't believe I'm in my fifth week here. It's so crazy. I have not got my pants yet. Sorry, I kept forgetting to tell you, but I remembered this time. I sent some of the kids postcards so I hope that they get them. Sorry it took me so long to send them. It is really hard to find time to write anyone. There is just no time. So I got to go to the temple today like always on p-day, but I just can't get over how amazing the temple is. Today there was just such a spirit there and I just love it so much. I just can't get any happier then when I am in the temple. It gives me all the same happy feelings I get when I am with all of you at home. I can feel my Savior's love in the temple so strong so it is just like the love you all show me, but way overwhelming. Lately I have been thinking a lot about how it is impossible to even comprehend the love our Savior has for each of us. Every time we have an experience we think we have felt his total love and that you couldn't be more loved and then something else happens and you feel that love even stronger. I think that the closer we come to the Savior the more we feel His love and so we really will never know the full extent of that love until we are back in His presence. I'm so grateful for the love He shows for all of us. I know there is no way I could get through this life without that love. And going back to the temple by far that is where I can feel it the most. I love it and I just want to be able to feel that love that strong more often and that helps me to work harder so that I can come closer to my Savior and feel that love more. I know that our Savior loves each one of you just as much as He loves me, we just have to be willing to accept that love.
So it has been raining all day today, so I was really grateful walking to the temple that I got that waterproof jacket. It worked very nice and kept me dry on the walk up there! This week Elder Gibson hurt his finger playing basketball and so we had to go get it x-rayed. We walked to the place like a block away from the MTC. Haha, it was so weird being out in the real world, haha. But ya that was just weird and fun but its crazy in Utah even out of the MTC everyone knows who you are, haha.
So not this last Saturday, but the one before that I had a really humbling experience because the language was just not coming how I wanted it to and at the time I found it to be humbling but looking back I realize really how much it humbled me and made me work harder. In the last 2 weeks my Spanish has grown a crazy amount. This past Monday we taught all in Spanish and it actully went really good and I was able to teach and I know that I could do that only because of that humbling experience because after that I just grew so much faster because the Lord brings us down so that He can build us up stronger and that is what happened. My Spanish is still far from good but just that I was able to do the task and teach the lesson and bring the spirit was amazing. I know the Lord is blessing me. I know for a fact that without His hand in this there is no way I could learn Spanish like this. I pray and I work my hardest and I feel like it's not enough but I just go forward and when the time comes that I need to teach, all that hard work pays off and the Lord and the spirit brings the things I studied to my head and I am able to teach and to move forward. It can be really hard because every time it requires me to take that step of faith and open my mouth in those situations knowing I can't do it on my own. But I know that every time I do it, He helps me and He makes sure that I don't fail. And when that happens I grow and it becomes easier to take that step of faith the next time.
On Tuesday, we had Elder Kevin Pearson of the 70 come speak with us. It was amazing. He talked about forgetting who we use to be. Forgetting Randall Despain and becoming Elder Despain and a disciple of Jesus Christ. There are lots of things that Randall Despain can't do, like learn Spanish, or whatever it may be, but there is nothing that Elder Despain the disciple of Jesus Christ can't do. If I forget myself and go to work and become that disciple then I have the Lords help and there is nothing that I can't do. If it is something that the Lord wants me to do, He will make sure that I can do it. This hit me hard and was even more of a boost to work harder. I know that what he said was true, I have already seen it here and I know I will see it even more out in the field.
So, our teacher Hermana Bott graduated so her last day was Wednesday, so that was sad that she is gone now. They can't teach here after they stop going to BYU, so that was just sad. She was a great teacher and I learned so much from her. We still have Hermano Dubois, so that is good and we will get a new teacher next week so we will have two again, but ya. On Hermana Botts last day, she brought in all of her pictures from her mission and it got me so pumped to go out in the field. I am so ready to go out and share this happiness that I have. I know that there are so many people down in Mexico waiting for this gospel and i just can't wait! I know I am going to love it. Today at the temple we stayed and eat lunch there. It was so great to have a real meal. I mean the MTC food is okay, but it is getting old, haha. But the temple food was amazing so that was a nice break. Well, I just want to let you all know I love you so very much. I am so happy to get all the letters, they are great I try to write back as much as I can. Sorry it isn't more. But I love you all and I pray for everyone every night. Keep writing me. I love to get all the letters. Thanks so much for everything you do! I love you all so much! and I miss you all a ton!
So it has been raining all day today, so I was really grateful walking to the temple that I got that waterproof jacket. It worked very nice and kept me dry on the walk up there! This week Elder Gibson hurt his finger playing basketball and so we had to go get it x-rayed. We walked to the place like a block away from the MTC. Haha, it was so weird being out in the real world, haha. But ya that was just weird and fun but its crazy in Utah even out of the MTC everyone knows who you are, haha.
So not this last Saturday, but the one before that I had a really humbling experience because the language was just not coming how I wanted it to and at the time I found it to be humbling but looking back I realize really how much it humbled me and made me work harder. In the last 2 weeks my Spanish has grown a crazy amount. This past Monday we taught all in Spanish and it actully went really good and I was able to teach and I know that I could do that only because of that humbling experience because after that I just grew so much faster because the Lord brings us down so that He can build us up stronger and that is what happened. My Spanish is still far from good but just that I was able to do the task and teach the lesson and bring the spirit was amazing. I know the Lord is blessing me. I know for a fact that without His hand in this there is no way I could learn Spanish like this. I pray and I work my hardest and I feel like it's not enough but I just go forward and when the time comes that I need to teach, all that hard work pays off and the Lord and the spirit brings the things I studied to my head and I am able to teach and to move forward. It can be really hard because every time it requires me to take that step of faith and open my mouth in those situations knowing I can't do it on my own. But I know that every time I do it, He helps me and He makes sure that I don't fail. And when that happens I grow and it becomes easier to take that step of faith the next time.
On Tuesday, we had Elder Kevin Pearson of the 70 come speak with us. It was amazing. He talked about forgetting who we use to be. Forgetting Randall Despain and becoming Elder Despain and a disciple of Jesus Christ. There are lots of things that Randall Despain can't do, like learn Spanish, or whatever it may be, but there is nothing that Elder Despain the disciple of Jesus Christ can't do. If I forget myself and go to work and become that disciple then I have the Lords help and there is nothing that I can't do. If it is something that the Lord wants me to do, He will make sure that I can do it. This hit me hard and was even more of a boost to work harder. I know that what he said was true, I have already seen it here and I know I will see it even more out in the field.
So, our teacher Hermana Bott graduated so her last day was Wednesday, so that was sad that she is gone now. They can't teach here after they stop going to BYU, so that was just sad. She was a great teacher and I learned so much from her. We still have Hermano Dubois, so that is good and we will get a new teacher next week so we will have two again, but ya. On Hermana Botts last day, she brought in all of her pictures from her mission and it got me so pumped to go out in the field. I am so ready to go out and share this happiness that I have. I know that there are so many people down in Mexico waiting for this gospel and i just can't wait! I know I am going to love it. Today at the temple we stayed and eat lunch there. It was so great to have a real meal. I mean the MTC food is okay, but it is getting old, haha. But the temple food was amazing so that was a nice break. Well, I just want to let you all know I love you so very much. I am so happy to get all the letters, they are great I try to write back as much as I can. Sorry it isn't more. But I love you all and I pray for everyone every night. Keep writing me. I love to get all the letters. Thanks so much for everything you do! I love you all so much! and I miss you all a ton!
Love,
Elder Despain





No comments:
Post a Comment