Dear Mom and Dad,
Sorry the email was short. It is really hard to type a lot in 30 min. I never get to say what all I want to. That is awesome that you had such a great turn out at the ward party. I think that is so great and such a great opportunity to serve and to get people involved.
I can't get over how great the spirit was at the Temple today. The Temple is really just so amazing we are so lucky to have so many so close. There is no place we can feel the Spirit so strong. I just love it! I miss you all so much, the whole family, but it's really great here. I can't believe its been 5 1/2 weeks and when you get this, like 6 weeks. It's crazy. It goes by really slow but super fast at the same time. Elder Grow leaves to the Peru MTC in like 3 days so that's kinda sad and Elder Adams who I have become good friends with got his flight plans and leaves a week from Sunday. So that is sad and my teacher leaving was sad but everything else here is great! I am growing a ton. The Spanish is coming a lot better and we teach in all Spanish for the second time on Monday. Last Monday went really good. It's just awesome here. If you work hard you really see the results and you see how much the Lord blesses you for working hard. I know if I forget myself and become a disciple of Jesus Christ that I will be able to do anything that the Lord would like me to. This church is amazing. I love it! The Gospel is great and there is nothing that can bring greater happiness! I love you so much and I miss you! I'm glad you got the pictures. I hope you like them haha. Oh ya weird, it snowed yesterday morning. Utah has like bi-polar weather! It's so weird! Well sorry I can't write more. Tell the girls sorry that I didn't write them. I will try to soon, but there was no time, so sorry! Thanks for the prayers. Oh ya, and your cousin that is here right now, I saw her and talked with her (Aunt Donna's daughter Cheri and her husband). They are going to be serving their mission in Mesa. They are probably there now. Anyways, she said she tried to call you and you didn't answer. But anyways, I took a picture with her. She said she would go by and see you at home. I love you. Thanks for everything! I hope the kids got their postcards.
Love,
Elder Despain
Note from Ann: I did get to talk to Cheri before she left the MTC. It was so amazing to talk to someone who had just talked to Randall. Cheri said she had seen him several times, but the last night they were there, they were in the cafeteria and Randall came and found them and talked to them. Wow, has he grown! I couldn't get him to talk to anyone at our extended family parties in the past! Even Cheri was amazed at the change she saw in him over the 2 weeks she was there. Cheri also got to see Brian Roberts, her nephew and Julie Brinton's brother, multiple times. She said it was really exciting to get to see them. David Whipple, (Aunt Virginia's son) said his daughter Lana is in Randall's district at the MTC. Apparently it took them 5 weeks to realize they were related. I haven't heard about it from Randall yet, but David said Lana emailed them about it. Aren't families great! Thanks for reading the Blog and sharing in Randall's missionary experience. Don't forget, you can comment after any posts and I will send the comments to Randall by email. We would love to hear from you all! Thanks for your prayers and support.
Love, Ann
Tuesday, April 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





We are so excited to read about Randall's experiences. I guess Grandpa was right when he said he couldn't go anywher without finding people he knew. Besides knowing them, we find out we can't go anywhere without being related to them. Randall keep working hard and love the experiences of the MTC. It's an amazing time of growth. We are excited to hear all about the things you are doing. Love you,
ReplyDeleteUncle Robert and Aunt Nanette
thinking of elder despain and praying for his continued joy in preparation to set his feet on his field of service. xoxo!!
ReplyDelete-nancy & richard