Dear Kimi,
Well, Hello sister :) Thanks for the mail, postcards, letters it's great, so thanks! :) Sorry I didn't write last week. It just is crazy. There is no time! Well I wish you luck on the house thing ( Kimi's note: We are trying to find a house to rent to get out of our apartment) I hope you get one you like. General Conference was so amazing. It made me miss you all because it was all centered on families but it was still amazing! My favorite talk was in the Priesthood session by President Uchtdorf. It was on learning a language and patience. He talked about him learning English and then a lot about patience. It was so great and so perfect. All the talks on teaching as parents made me realize that here at the MTC I am not only learning for my investigators in Mexico, I am learning to be a good teacher to myself, my future family, in my future ward callings and so much more. Th eMTC is preparing me to be a great teacher for the rest of my life. Ya sure the short term is for the people of Mexico, but it will be a blessing for the rest of my life. But ya conference was great!! I love what you said about scripture reading. I encourage you to try and read in the morning which is very hard, but I promise that if you pray before reading, have a question or problem in mind when reading and then give yourself 5 minutes to think after reading. I can promise you that you will receive those blessings from our Heavenly Father and you will get answers to those questions or problems that you had in mind when you read! I know that this will happen through reading the scriptures. I know for a fact that it will bless your lives and make each day better! I love you and I know the only way for you to be truly happy is through this gospel, the Gospel of Jesus Christ. We can receive Heavenly Father and Jesus' help through prayer and scripture study! We just have to do those things and be diligent in doing them if we want their help. In 1 Nephi 10:19 it talks about being diligent in seeking. Then again in 1 Nephi 16:28 but in that we can relate the pointer to the Holy Ghost in our lives. It guides us according to our faith and diligence and then not only to that but to what we do when we get those promptings we must follow then and then we will get more and more as we follow them more. So we need to have faith and diligence to receive the pointing or the Holy Ghost's promptings then we must act on the promptings then if we do we will receive more and more, more often! So I promise if you read daily and seek with diligence you will receive answers, promptings and blessings! So read! The Gospel is true! The Church is true! The blessings we get from it are real! I love you!
Love your little bro,
Elder Despain
P.S. Tell Zane that I loved his picture. It is on the wall next to Jayden's and all the Elderslove it and the saying "me and you are alien missionaries I have been watching Monsters vs. Aliens a lot" "(CAN YOU TELL I AM)" Ha Ha Love it! (Kimi's note: The picture Zane sent was the first picture of a person he had ever drawn and it really looked like an alien with three eyes, but we were all proud of it!)
Love you all
Tuesday, April 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment