Monday, March 28, 2011

Letter Home! 3-28-11

Hola Familia!
  So this week was a very hard week, but it ended very well! Not like we had planned, but it still was good! We had a lot of hard times at the beginning of the week but we kept working hard and with diligence and ended up seeing the miracles of the Lord. Like when we were working at the beginning of the week, we had days where the only appointment that didn't fall through was the food appointment. So we had to contact and knocked doors all day. That can be super hard at times and the people just weren't accepting. But we knew the Lord was testing us. Well, like I said, later we saw the blessings. Later in the week, we found a girl named Mary Carmen who has a boyfriend who is a member. She is super cool and super ready to accept the gospel. She accepted baptism in our first lesson and every time we go back she has a whole page of questions to ask us. It is really great to see how fast she is progressing! She was going to get baptized this week, like yesterday, but for reasons she couldn't. But she is for sure getting baptized this Sunday! We think that her boyfriend will be able to do it so that will be really cool! I know the Lord hears and answers prayers and helps us to accomplish His work here on earth! So we had a zone baptism this week, well yesterday! We baptized a lady named Carina. The baptism was really cool in the zone. Like 15 people got baptized and the president and his wife came. The president talked and his talk was really awesome for all those getting baptized and then the Hermana sang and it was really cool. Then an ex-bishop sang and played the guitar. It was super cool. The whole program and just to see that many people get baptized at one time, it was really cool! I know that this church is true and I know that our Heavenly Father loves every one of us and puts those in need in our path so that we can help them! This is His work and I'm so grateful to be here doing it! I hope that you are all doing well and staying safe! I love you all!
Love,
Elder Despain

No comments:

Post a Comment