Hola Familia!
So as you know, another 6 weeks has went by. Well, it doesn't feel like its been 6 weeks but it has. We had changes today! I am now in Toluca, in the area Universidad. I had to go from my other area to here by myself. It was about 3 hours and it was really weird to not have a comp right next to me. It's the first time in a year, haha. It was weird but I got here good, even though I had no clue how to get here when I left my area. But it all turned out good, I found my way. My new comp is Elder Lindstron. It's my first American comp. I'm so excited and we have about the same time in the mission and we are going to have a ton of success. I am so excited for this change. It's going to be great. He is from Idaho. He said he has family that knows me and the name rings a bell, but I can't remember their faces. He's the Zobells nephew. I know that I know them, but I can't remember. But I'm sure that you remember. So this week, we baptized Lorenzo. He is 81 years old and is like the funniest guy ever. And after I baptized him, I was like, "How do you feel?" and he said, "Great!" and then started doing exercises in the font, haha. It was really funny and definitely the first time I had seen someone do exercises in a baptismal font, haha. I also had the opportunity to baptize a little girl named Machelle. I was able to interview her so that she could get baptized. She was an investigator of the Hermanas in my district and she asked them after the interview if I could baptize her, so that was really cool to be able to do that! I really love doing interviews. The Spirit is so strong and the words that need to be said always come to my head at the right time because the Lord is truly helping me and His Spirit is there very, very strong. I'm truly grateful to be here. This is the best experience of my life. I am so blessed to have the opportunity to be here serving the Lord. I'm so grateful for the atonement of my Savior, Jesus Christ. It is the greatest sacrifice that anyone could have ever done. It is something I try daily to understand more, but I know that I will never understand it completely. But I am so grateful for the atonement and the ability I have to use it daily in my life. I know that we all make mistakes and all have faults but for that we have the atonement to change our lives and overcome our weaknesses and make them strengths. I know that this church is true and that it is through this gospel that we can have happiness in this life. I know that this gospel is the path that will lead us back to our Heavenly Father. I know that if we do the things that we need to in this life, we can return to our Heavenly Father and we can have eternal families! We are truly blessed to have the gospel in our lives and I'm so grateful to be able to bring it to the lives of others! Well, I am doing great and I'm staying safe, so no worries. I hope that all is going well back at home! I love you all. Thank you for all you do for me! Love ya!
Love,
Elder Despain
Tuesday, March 8, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment